Beer? Check. Cheese dip? Double check!
Well, now that we have my two favorite things all in one recipe, we can get down to business. This is the cheese dip recipe to end all other cheese dip recipes.
Chances are, you have all of the ingredients in your fridge and pantry as you’re reading this, so just skip down to the video and get whisking, because this beer cheese dip is better than anything you’ll ever have at the local pub. Plus, you can use your favorite beer to change up the flavor!
I used a really hoppy IPA, which completely changed the flavor from the first time I made it with a lager. So make it now, make it again, and change it up and make the recipe your own Sunday Funday staple! Plus you can train your dog to grab beers from the fridge, so you won’t have to miss out on the dip while it’s still hot (oh, and watch the game, of course).
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup beer (ale or lager)
- 2 tsp.Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bread, pretzels, or your favorite chips
- Preheat medium saucepan to medium-high heat.
- Melt butter and whisk in flour.
- Continuously whisk and add milk, then beer.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and salt and pepper, and continue to whisk.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Pour into serving bowl. Serve while hot with bread, pretzels, or your favorite chips for dipping!
We know you’re not going to want to share this dip with just anybody, but make sure you SHARE this recipe so your friends can make their own!